Course Code LTC101
This course is aimed at healthcare professionals who provide care to patients with tracheostomies.
- To achieve an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the Respiratory System in relation to tracheostomies.
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to care for a client who has a tracheostomy.
- The respiratory system
- Legislation and National Guidelines
- Code of Professional Conduct (NMC)
- Roles and Responsibility – Areas of Accountability
- Principles of Consent for Treatment
- Risk Assessment
- Types of tracheostomies
- Requirement for a tracheostomy in relation to disease and illness
- Types of Tracheostomy Tubes
- Tracheostomy and suction
- Tracheostomy Stoma Care
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Cleaning of a Stoma and the changing of dressings
- Changing a tracheostomy (referring to local policies)
- Speaking Valve use
- Resuscitation with a tracheostomy
- Managing complications
- Importance of documentation and consent
- Awareness of privacy and dignity
- Practical session
Duration: Full Day
Course Fees: £125 per learner
(Course equates to 7 CPD Points/Credits/Hours)
On completion of this course, each candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance.