Course Code: LSCP 101
STROKE AND CARING FOR THE PATIENT AFTER A STROKE.
All Healthcare providers supporting patients who have suffered a stroke.
- Develop understanding of the different types of stroke
- Signs and symptoms and effects on individuals.
- Gain knowledge of the response needed in an emergency stroke incident.
- What is stroke?
- Causes of strokes
- Immediate effects of stroke
- Long term effects of stroke
- Activities of Daily living and how they are affected.
- Loss & emotions
- Moving & Handling
- Preventing pressure ulcers
- Working with other professionals.
Course Duration: Half day (0930-1330Hrs)
Course Cost: £75
The course is equivalent to 5 CPD Points/Hours
Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Course and a learning tool.