Course Code: LPCM 101
PRESSURE CARE MANAGEMENT:
All Healthcare workers involved in the care of patients.
Following training, the learner should be able to:
- List the causes of pressure areas.
- Describe the process of skin assessment.
- List the classifications of skin ulcers.
- Explain the prevention and management of pressure areas.
- Understand Person centred care in relation to pressure care.
- Identification of those at risk
- Physiology of the skin including pressure points
- Understanding the care plan
- Equipment & Interventions for prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Grading/Description of ulcers/pressure sores
- Body mapping
- Pressure care – footwear, Skincare; seating
- Incontinence and Skin care
- Documentation and reporting of pressure ulcers.
Duration: Half Day (0930 – 1330Hrs)
Course Cost: £70
The course is equivalent to 5 CPD Points/Hours
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.