Course Code LMM101
This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals who have the responsibility of receiving, storing, administering and disposing of patient’s medication.
On completion, staff will:
- have a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities in to administering medication.
- have an appreciation of the legislation and regulation governing medication administration.
- be able to identify the 7 R’s of medication administration.
- Recognize errors and have confidence to take the relevant actions.
- Understand the importance of infection control in medicines administration.
- Legislation covering CQC expectations
- The 7 rights of medication administration
- Classification & Types of medication
- Routes into the body
- Infection control in medication administration
- Prescribing Medication
- Maintaining records – MARs (Nursing homes, Domiciliary Carers & Hospitals)
- Storing & Disposing of medication
- Types & Reasons for errors: Dealing with errors.
- Self-Administration & supporting independence
- Contra-indications, allergies and overdoses
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
- Staff will have undertaken a practical exercise involving MAR charts and medication boxes
Duration: Half Day
Course Fees: £75 per learner
(Course equates to 7 CPD Points/Hours/Credits)
On completion of this course, each candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance.