Course Code: LDA 101
All nurses and support staff who support clients with Diabetes.
Following training, the learner should be able to:
- Understand what diabetes is and give the different types of diabetes.
- Understand the principles in managing the care of a person with diabetes
- Identify the symptoms and treat the patient accordingly
- Understand compliance and consequences of non-compliance.
- Introduction to Diabetes
- Diabetes and the different types
- Who is affected by diabetes
- Physiology of diabetes & subsequent symptoms
- Principles of care for the diabetic patient.
- Treatment in diabetes
- Compliance and consequences of non-compliance.
- Dealing with diabetic emergencies.
- Practical Session
Duration: Half Day (0930 – 1400Hrs)
Course Cost: £70
Course equivalent to 5 CPD Points/ Hours
Upon completion of this course, each candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.